Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ASL

I love my job and I love the experiences I have there, but I especially love when a person who speaks sign language comes in and I can communicate with them. It gives me more joy than anything else in the world. Although I'm not fluent, I can communicate and get the basics of the story. Every time someone comes in and I talk with them, I am happy for the rest of the day. I know it's something I am supposed to do because I have done if for a few years and am still so interested in it. I would never get bored with and can use it all the time. I know I've said a million times that I am going to finish and go to school again soon, but I promise you this now. I am going to finish and I am going to be fluent in it. It's something I enjoy too much to just give up on. I keep making excuses to not go back, mainly the whole money thing and the getting married thing, which are good reasons, but I'm going to do everything in my power to go back and finish. I have changed my profession (for lack of a better word) a lot, and this is sticking. My family completely supports me in it and I know they want me to go! So by next fall, I will be taking a class or classes for sign language, and I am so excited about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment