Saturday, March 13, 2010

This is our temporary home..

I have been pondering a lot on how things work. Why are things the way they are? Why do we make the choices we make, good or bad? Just why? And the answer is unknown. We have our free agency, we always have and everything we done is our choice, with a few exceptions. I don't know why I choose some of things I do, but it happens. You think it through in your head, you either do it or you don't, and there's a consequence. Think about it. Everything in life is a decision. A good friend of my family passed away in December of cancer, she told a story that one day she was in the hospital and she turned to her side and saw a light, she saw the Savior standing there and behind him were her parents, he asked her what she was going to do and she said I promised my husband I wouldn't leave him, and the Savior replied, "You've always had a choice." and she turned around and went back to her husband and that day decided to go off all medicine and everything. We always have a choice.. Of course death is an involontary act, in some cases, and that story makes me wonder if they know. What if you knew and had time before the end? Sorry I know I speak my life through lyrics, but that's what I am so passionate about. Here are a few parts of some songs that really make me think.. Hopefully I made you think too.

Old man, hospital bed , the room is filled with people he loves. And he whispers don't cry for me, I'll see you all someday, He looks up and says "I can see God's face."
"This is my temporary home, It's not where I belong. Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through. This was just a stop,on the way to where I'm going, I'm not afraid because I know this was my temporary home." Carrie Underwood- Temporary Home


We gotta start looking at the hands of the time we've been given. If this is all we got and we gotta start thinking, if every second counts on a clock that's ticking. Gotta live like we're dying.
We only got 86,400 seconds in a day to turn it all around or to throw it all away, we gotta tell them that we love them, while we got the chance to say. Gotta live like we're dying...
Kris Allen- Live Like Were Dyin

No comments:

Post a Comment