Saturday, January 17, 2015

A little update

I thought it was time to update my blog! It's been a while, I know. I get in these moods where I want to write a lot, and then I don't write again for a long time. So we will see how long this lasts :) I just wanted to do an update on our lives. (I'm also in the process of changing the layout of the blog, I know it's VERY plain right now, my apologies)

We went to Texas for Christmas to visit Daniel's family. It was a lot of fun, just kind of stressful with a baby though. She was very very attached to me the whole time. She wanted me there the whole time and if I left the room she would throw a fit and cry so hard. Then she would be fine, then I would come back in the room and she would want me again. She did okay though for being away from her comfort zone. But again it was definitely stressful. But Christmas was good, it was hard being away from snow, but the weather was still pretty cold there, which I liked! It was a good visit, and was good to see everyone! We also celebrated with my parents the morning before we left, here's some pictures of that morning, and some in Texas (I got a new phone so I don't have a ton of Texas ones) My dad said that the Disney stock probably went way up that day because about 80% of the things Harper got (and myself) was Disney. Lol!







Daniel is still going to school but luckily only has to go all day Tuesdays and half day Thursdays, so that is nice. He is trying to find a job on Mon, Wed, and Fri though, but that may be hard. I am also in the process of going back to cosmetology school, but I don't know whats going to happen with that until Wednesday because of my previous hours and a problem with them paying for it, ugh. But I'm excited. I love staying home with Harper, but I know there will never be a good time to finish, and so I am going to finish as fast as I can so I can stay home with her again, or decide to work a few hours a week.

Harper has had a few accidents lately. She gets into things shes not supposed to. A few days back she was pushing the kitchen chairs around, she really likes to do that, and she tripped over a toy and fell back and the chair pinned her down, she now has a huge bruise on her poor head :( And then yesterday the gate was left open to the kitchen, Daniel was in the living room and I was upstairs doing laundry, well she snuck her way into the kitchen and opened the garbage can lid and grabbed an empty can of corn, stuck her hand in there and on the way out sliced her finger :( so we ran to the doctor and luckily she just had to get a few layers of glue since it was in a good spot. Stitches would have been sooooo traumatizing, I would have bawled my eyes out along with her! She did SOOO good the whole time. We had to wait at the doctors for a while and she just sat there and cuddled, ate snacks, watched a movie, she didn't cry at all except when it happened. So they glued it and everything, and then this afternoon after her nap I looked at it and it was off! I can garentee she bit it off because there was a bite mark on her index finger, woops! So we called the doctor again and they said if its not gaping open, just try to keep a bandage on it. Well that didn't last long with a 14 month old! So we are just trying to keep neosporin on it and trying to wrap it  but she's not a huge fan. I'm just glad she's ok and didn't have to get stitches. It was so scary and so sad! But like I said, she did soooo good. I love that little girl!

Poor little babe :(

Just cuddling with dad and eating snacks

Poor bruisy head!


I'm also in the process of weaning her. She's actually done a lot better than I thought she would. I bet she could be completely done if we tried, but I don't want to completely quit all at the same time. So I'm glad that's going well.

Life is pretty good right now, not much else to say! I will try to better at updating!

No comments:

Post a Comment